Monday, February 1, 2016

I'm Growing Lemons !!!


 
The seed you sow ?
  Lemons are my seed choice.
I love lemons and I wanted to try and grow lemon trees….
I also need to sow new spiritual seeds !!!
All the fruits of the Spirit 
were planted inside you in seed form.

I sow seeds of love, joy, peace, patience,kindness,goodness,faithfulness,gentleness
 & self-control!
Those are the names of each lemon seed I sowed !!!! 

So here we go....
 Start Sowing !!!!
I put the two together and I can’t wait to watch these seeds grow and expect a good harvest of lemons !!!!

Click here for print outs...
Fruit of the Spirit Printables 
Great activity to do with the kiddos...




How-to-Grow-Lemons
 
  1. Cut a lemon in half with a knife and remove the seeds. Rinse the seeds in a bowl of water to get rid of any pulp.
  2. Remove the outer seed coating … this will help the seed germinate faster.
  3. Place the seeds in a moist paper towel and store in a Tupperware container for a week or two .
  4. Using a Spray bottle -Spray the seeds with water … only when  the paper towel seems dry  in between days until the seeds start to  sprout.
  5. After about two weeks, when the sprouting emerges …. you are ready to pot!
  6. Place soil into paper cups(I like using clear ones to see the roots form) Make sure you puncture a hole in bottom of cups to let water flow otherwise it can get moldy….then make a hole with your finger and place a seed into hole then cover with soil.
  7. Gently water each plant. (Do not drown)
  8. Cover the potted paper cups plants with clear plastic wrap, seal around the edges  to form a good warm environment.
  9. Place the potted cups in a warm, sunny location.(Keep in doors on cold wintery days-few and far between here in Florida)
  10. Spray on more water occasionally, not allowing the soil to dry out. Do not cause water to puddle though. Just keep the soil somewhat moist.
  11. Watch it grow !!!!
  12. Expect a Harvest !!!
 

I'm Expecting Good fruits ...



"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"
Heck...Forget lemonade ...
I'm making Limoncello !!!!
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment