Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Asian Chopped Kale Salad with Carrot & Avocado



My new Food Fad -Kale ! 
Kale is a very healthy green that I am trying to incorporate into my diet. 
Kale is high in ...
Fiber, Iron, Vitamins A,C & K, Antioxidants
Has  anti-inflammatory properties ...
One cup of kale is filled with 10% of the RDA of omega-3 fatty acids, which can  help fight against arthritis, 
asthma and autoimmune disorders. 
 
I found this recipe to be delicious !
Hope you give it a try !!!! 

Ingredients

5 big stalks of Kale -Chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/2 Avocado
1/4 cup sliced almonds 
 up to 1/4 cup sesame oil 

Instructions

I use the above ingredients as my base for the Asian Kale salad 
or...
I just eat it as simple as the above recipe 
however...
you can add in additional veggies & protein which can include :
 Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
Tofu 
Chicken
Marinated Teriyaki Steak
Cucumber
Sesame seeds
Green Onion
Julienned Peppers(Any color)
Bean Sprouts
Snow peas
Sky's the limit  ....make it your own !!!




You will need to massage the Kale with adding 
the Pink Himalayan Salt & drizzle in the sesame oil first.
Depending on taste you can use up to 1/4 cup of sesame oil just make sure you coat the Kale leaves thoroughly.  
 These 2 ingredients is what softens the kale leaves.
 Then add garlic salt with adding lastly 
with smashing the avocado with a fork
 then mixing everything together.
 Store in a sealed container overnight in the refrigerator .
I add the almonds as a topping prior to eating 
the salad so they add that crunch!


  Then the next day upon eating the salad...
  If I choose to I can add any extra veggies or protein.
Enjoy !!!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment