Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving !

                                                         

      Only the two of us this year!        

I am most thankful for God blessing my life with a wonderful husband & son ,A loving family & good health !
Thanksgiving Decorations....
                Such attention to detail ....Lol !
               
                  My Thanksgiving Tablescape
                 Love the colors of Autumn !!!!


                                                               









It was a quiet and relaxing Thanksgiving Day.
 Started out by  making some Thanksgiving Fixins
Home-made Cranberry sauce !

 &
 Watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.
Believe it or not it is quite a chilly day here in Florida . My son could not make it home for the holiday, he just finished special training at Lackland Air force Base,San Antonio, Texas and headed back to his base in Louisiana.
 I miss him so very much & was happy to talk to him on the phone while he was having dinner with some friends.
 Girlfriend I think???? 
Too soon to tell I guess ...
I was sad a little bit today ..the holidays are tough due to missing family in all ...
however my husband Rick made 
Thanksgiving Day very special !
We enjoyed each other company cooking together & watching Football ! Go Steelers !
Too bad they lost to Baltimore :( 

Not so much !


Tom the Turkey ...Out of the oven ...
Ready to Rest & Carve!

Right beside all the Fixins !
Ready to Eat !
I did go off my GF diet for the day...
However I did make Cornbread/Gluten free 
Stuffing with sausage & mushrooms.    



To change things up a bit for dessert ...
My husband & I made an apple crisp ...

Although we still had a mini pumpkin pie !





No comments :

Post a Comment